Wednesday 17 June 2009

Ugh! OK laptop is sightly better but still taking forever to do anything. Heres a little taster of what I've been up to recently. Today we went to Cardiff uni to see Pauls brothers design exhibition I've seen so much inspiring stuff today fine art, ceramics, textiles, product design... it kind of makes me want to go back and study again but on the other hand it puts me off ever going back because everything is so incredible.

Well here's the few pictures I managed to get up tonight. One day i'll learn how to work a computer.


This was a bit of an experiment, I copied the pot holder pattern from the Happy Hooker book (the book that got me started on crochet) I used twine and alot bigger needle so it came out about the size of a door mat. I've since backed this with hesian sacking and stuffed it. This will be my festival cushion. I've now made my own design door mat, its nearly finished, just ran out of the colour I need (again) to do a few more stiches and tie the ends in.

I did rotate the photo before I put it up but heyho that didn't work either.








This was the start of a bag which I wanted to make in kind of this shape but in the end I had to frog it as I just couldn't seem to get it to work. I'll give it another try soon as I really like this shape and the colour.

1 comment:

  1. oh, i love the festival cushion! looks very good
    x

    ReplyDelete